Friday, February 19, 2010

"Men's Hockey - Canada"


OH MY GOSH!!! Ok so if you know me... or if you are one of my neighbours, you know that I am one huge hockey fan!!! You also know that I can get pretty caught up in the game. and very loud--even if I'm alone (this is where the neighbours come in)!

So last night I was watching, and I must admit it was a pretty great game to watch. Men's olympic hockey, Team Canada vs Switzerland. It's so much more exciting for a hockey fan to watch a close game than a game that's 15-0 in the second period (even if your team is winning). The best part for me is that the constant tension in my body and the inability to peel my eyes off the screen (even during the ads-as I typically use this time to come down from my high a bit) I have no time or desire to grab a snack in the kitchen.

BUT I have to tell my olympic men of Team Canada... DONT YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!!! EVER! That was NOT funny! First off it's way too early to be shaky in your game... I hope you got it out of your system now. We're playing for gold so we have to have as many points as possible. The States currently have more points than us (which means they've efficiently beat their opponents... but we're still okay if we can beat them on Sunday. I don't know what it is about the Swiss but they seem to be our Kryptonite.

I was watching (and participating in) the Twitter feed as I was watching the game and the dominant hashtag for this game was #switzcan. And after using it for a bit I wondered why Switzerland had to be first because it seems like we were cheering them on... because for a while... it was evident that the Swiss could, and they did!!! Canadian enjoyed a collective freak out (and one of the reasons I love Twitter so much is because I get to witness it first hand)!

The game went to overtime and then a shootout. 3 players for each team were shut down, and Crosby came out for Team Canada a second time to score the winning goal!! Never thought I'd be a Crosby fan but here I am - good going Kid!

Now. The big question is who will be our go to goalie for the USA game? Luongo recorded a shutout in our opening game on Tuesday but having stopped 13 shots, he was not tested nearly as much as Brodeur who let in 2 pucks, but stopped more than 20 and stopped the Swiss team in the shootout.

Who indeed... Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. AMAZING GAME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEAM CANADA!!!

    LOL @ "DONT YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!!! EVER! That was NOT funny! " Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I remember watching Sens games with you... I need ear plugs!! Your poor neighbours :p
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can beat the US... well we have to ... I cant believe we have to wait sooo long!!! i die with one day in between. U must too!

    ReplyDelete