Tuesday, February 8, 2011

AdBall 2011



What do you get when you give a couple hundred ad-people an invite to a 1940s themed event? Voila!

The fairly pricey ticket to this conclusion to Toronto 5th annual AdWeek bought you entrance to the soiree at Maison Mercer, food samples from some of Toronto's greatest restaurants, access to a limited (but open) bar, whiskey sample stations, and the piece de resistance: a fashion show with models from the industry... perhaps even your agency's president (as in my case)!

All proceeds for this event went to support the local Women in Advertising group. ... and well... I am a woman in advertising so...

I actually received my tickets gratis... thank you, but was so happy to get to meet so many wonderful figures in the industry that I love. From CEOs to AEs to CDs to interns, it was a pleasure to pick the brains of the great minds that make up Advertising in Canada. I say Canada because AdWeek in Toronto has become the hub to which industry insiders flock, when NYC's alternative is still months away. I met people from Montreal, Calgary, and even Vancouver!

I'm grateful for the experience so make sure to send your love to the ICA, Ad Women of Toronto, and of course Toronto Advertising Week 2011 via the links below:


No comments:

Post a Comment